SAP software company CEO dies at 69
- by admin
SAP software CEO Edi Rifai was found dead on Sunday morning at his home in the southern city of Sarajevo.
He was 69 years old.
According to SAP, Rifais death was not related to any illness.
Rifais, a Bosnian Croat, founded SAP in 1992, becoming its first African-born CEO.
He founded the company after completing a Masters in computer science at the University of Pennsylvania in 1972.
He started his career at SAP in 1975 in Palo Alto, California, where he began developing SAP products for large corporations.
In his time at SAP, he also served as the company’s head of the cloud, a position he held until 2008.
Rafael de Castro, an employee of SAP and former SAP chief financial officer, said Rifias death was due to complications stemming from diabetes, heart disease and kidney disease.
The company has issued a statement saying it was aware of the death and that SAP was cooperating with the authorities.
SAP software CEO Edi Rifai was found dead on Sunday morning at his home in the southern city of Sarajevo.He…
- Microsoft and Intel will announce $100 million investment in Intel, tech company announces
- How to keep your computer’s security from being compromised by software companies
- Why Apple is betting big on wireless: A new company
- How to make a better home security system
- What if you could search the world’s top companies using the Google News app?